Monday, May 24, 2010

My BlogTalkRadio show for this week: Interview with Barbara Joye

My podcast of Off the Beaten Path in Technology (follow this link to my show page) on BlogTalkRadio this week will feature an interview with Barbara Joye who was a co-founder of WRFG community radio here in Atlanta. The show airs at 6:30 PM EDT this evening May 24th, 2010. If you can't listen live you can play it on demand later. The controller posted on this article makes all the shows available, with the most recently archived show on the top.

I always post the links I mention on the show to the article here. Here are the resources and sites mentioned on the show:

WRFG -- Radio Free Georgia
WRFG's program schedule

I always play music from the Free Music Archives and other repositories of music distributed under licenses which allow for podsafe distribution.

The primary site I use is:

The Free Music Archive

Here are links to the artists pages of music I've put together for the evening's show.  Depending on how much time I have I may or may not get to every musical number I've chosen, but you should check out these musicians anyhow.
The links are arranged in pairs, with the first link being the artists page, the second the page for the specific number (which includes a play button).

Cooper-Moore -- Jazz (although the number by Cooper-Moore I've chosen for this evening is  a really unique blues number).
Banjo Arba Minch Garden  --  A really unusual blues piece for fretless banjo.

John H. Glover-Kind -- This is a selection entitled I Do Like to Be Beside the Seaside from a 1907 piano roll (player piano).

Moore and Gardner's Chinese Blues is another old piano roll song.

I always seem to play Follow the Drinking Gourd by Roger McGuinn.

I hope you'll listen to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment